1. Sweet Potato Appetizer Bites with Feta: Adapt this recipe from Kalyn’s Kitchen to use local sweet potatoes, local feta, and local yogurt. These are vegetarian and gluten free, too! Get the recipe HERE.
2. Bacon Parmesan Cheese Puffs: Adapt this recipe from RasaMalaysia to use Fox Hill parmesan, local eggs, and local bacon. Full instructions HERE.
3. Sweet and Spicy Cranberry Meatballs: Many of the ingredients in these sweet, spicy meatballs can be substituted with market ingredients, including local beef, bread crumbs, eggs, ginger, ketchup, and cranberries made into your own cranberry sauce. Find the recipe HERE.
4. Honey Warmed Feta: This idea came from The Wimpy Vegetarian. Adapt her recipe using local feta, local honey, and a local blue cheese like Dragon’s Breath, then top with figs and serve with a loaf of local bread! Instructions & cooking times HERE.
5. White Sangria with Apple & Cranberry:
Add two chopped apples and a handful or two of local cranberries to a pitcher with some sugar (2-3 tbsp or to taste). Top with your favourite local white wine, let it chill, and serve! You can also add in a half cup of white grape juice or cranberry juice depending on your taste.