Ingredients: (makes about 30 chips)
- 2 medium size apples – try a crisp variety like Jonagold
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Purchase locally grown apples from farmers’ markets across Nova Scotia – click here to find a farmers’ market near you. A few apple producers to look for: Gillespie Orchard, Suprima Farms, Boates Farm, Noggins Corner Farm, and many more!
5 simple steps:
- Preheat the oven to 275°F.
- Wash and dry apples. Use an apple corer to core the apples.
- Set a mandoline to the 1/4-inch setting and slice each apple into 15 thin slices. Or, slice the apples as thinly as you can by hand. Arrange the apple slices on two cooling racks set on top of baking sheets.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon over the apple slices. Bake for about 1 hour, until almost dry. Flip them over and rotate the baking sheets at the 30-minute mark to ensure even baking.
- Cool the apple chips on a rack and serve or store in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Yum!
Recipe adapted from: http://food52.com/recipes/24685-apple-chips