1. We are organizing a local food event. Can FMNS help us to promote it?
If there is a connection to farmers’ markets in Nova Scotia we’d be happy to share information about your event via our social media networks. Please send us a concise and ready-to-go note with the time, date, location and any costs stated clearly. Contact us here.
2. Can our organization hold an event/promote our activities at our local farmers’ market?
Most of our member markets have community tables that can be booked, often free of charge, given sufficient advance notice. Please contact your local farmers’ market for more information.
3. How can I find events and activities at farmers’ markets?
There are many ways that you can keep in touch with your local farmers’ market:
- Find your local farmers’ market online. From Facebook to Twitter to e-newsletters, many NS farmers’ markets have created multiple ways to keep in touch with you. Find your local farmers’ market, and their contact information, here.
- Join our bi-monthly e-newsletter for market shoppers across Nova Scotia. Our newsletter provides you information on events and special promotions happening at farmers’ markets across the province as well as seasonal recipe and tips, new market products and much more.
4. We’d like to have a tour of a farmers’ market. Who should we contact?
Farmers’ markets are open to everyone! Feel free to drop by during opening hours. In addition, if you want to learn more about the history and culture of your local farmers’ market, some of our member markets offer either free or for-fee tours at certain times of the year. Call your local market for more information.