Marketing & Administrative Coordinator
21-30 hours per week
Pictou County, Nova Scotia
Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia Cooperative is seeking a Marketing & Administrative Coordinator to assist the Executive Director in carrying out the mission of the Cooperative. We are looking for a mature individual who is skilled in marketing and content creation as well as office management, is self-motivated and enthusiastic about farmers’ markets. The position is a one year term, with intent to extend.
The Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia Cooperative (FMNS) aims to build the capacity of farmers’ markets and their member businesses through professional development, innovation, research, province wide marketing, and advocacy.
Since 2004, FMNS has been working on behalf of farmers’ markets and their vendors, producers and artisans. Created by markets for markets, we serve the needs of our member markets and their vendors while also acting to inform, inspire, and advocate for the farmers’ markets movement to the Nova Scotian public.
The primary responsibilities of this position are:
– bookkeeping and payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable using Simply Accounting;
- Event Planning
– scheduling and logistics of workshops, trainings, professional development and networking events for our members;
- Grant Writing & Reporting
- Office Duties
– primary email communication
– annual paperwork such as member renewals, Coop registration, etc.
– file maintenance
– website management
- Sale of Our Merchandize, E-Trainings and Resources
– sales strategy and goals
– expand opportunities for sales
– ordering and managing of stock
– record keeping on sales
- Marketing & Social Media Management
– on-going management of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts including content creation
– content curation from member markets and vendors
– advertising and promotional initiatives for FMNS events
– film and edit 12+ one-minute videos at member markets across Nova Scotia as outlined in our 2017/18 social media marketing campaign
– management of Farmers’ Market Sector E-Newsletter from monthly writing to audience segmenting and building, sale of resources, etc.
– regular media outreach and scheduling as well as writing (i.e. press release, column, etc)
– recruitment and retention copy writing
The Marketing & Administrative Coordinator will report to, and work closely with, the Executive Director. The Marketing & Administrative Coordinator will also collaborate with, and support, contractors hired to complete projects.
QUALITIES, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
The qualities, skills and experience required for this position are:
- copywriting and content creation across a range of media (eNewsletter, social media, press release);
- social media strategy and management
- online sales strategy;
- photography and videography including video editing;
- basic website/Wordpress skills or familiarity;
- media experience and/or contacts are an asset;
- bookkeeping experience;
- administrative skills and experience such as email communication, file maintenance, systems thinking and basic document writing, etc.;
- grant writing and reporting experience or relevant skills;
- event planning and logistics experience or relevant skills;
- interest and experience in working collaboratively as a small team;
- self-motivated, able to work independently;
- an interest in local production, agriculture and/or community development.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE TO BE GAINED
The skills and experience to be gained in this position are:
- a deepening of marketing skills and experience including copywriting, videography and photography;
- grant writing and reporting;
- project management;
- office management;
- problem solving;
- further development of administrative, planning, and organizational skills;
- non-profit sector;
- membership/cooperative mandate.
TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES MAY BE AVAILABLE INCLUDING
- Sage Simply Accounting
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This position is made possible through an employment initiative. As such, to be eligible for this position, you must be either
- currently unemployed, and
- a resident of Nova Scotia, and
- a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and
- confirmed eligible by Career Connections Nova Scotia Works following being offered the position.
- a Canadian post-secondary graduate, and
- 30 years or younger as of July 1st, 2017, and
- Must not have participated in any other Youth Employment Strategy programs (ie. Career Focus), and
- a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Location: This position will be based at our rural office, 1999 Millsville Road, Scotsburn, Nova Scotia (Pictou County). Working from this location on a daily basis is not necessary however a weekly day at the office is required.
Start Date: Monday, June 26th, 2017. This employment contract is a one year term position with intent to renew/extend.
Wage: $16.00 – 17.00/hour according to experience.
Hours: 21-30hr/wk. Occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required.
Travel: Expect to travel within the province once per month. Overnight travel will be rare however. Access to a vehicle is required with mileage paid at $.40/km.
TO APPLY Please email a cover letter and resume, including 2 references, to Keltie Butler at FMNS@farmersmarketsnovascotia.ca. Please submit your application in the form of a single pdf document with all required elements included and in the following order: cover letter, resume, references. Supporting documents to illustrate technical skills and/or experience in photography, videography, graphic design, etc. are requested.
DUE DATE: May 28th, 2017 (midnight).
Thank you to all applicants for their time and interest. Short-listed applicants will be contacted, with interviews scheduled for early to mid June.
Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia (FMNS) is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, First Nations, and persons with disabilities. Diversity is a stated value of FMNS and, moreover, diversity in the farmers’ market community is a strength that must be cultivated.